Entries open for the Commercial Radio News Awards 2023
IRN and Sky News are now accepting entries for the Commercial Radio News Awards 2023.
The awards recognise excellent journalism, production and presentation and celebrate the success of news and sports coverage in our industry over the 12 months to the end of 2022.
It was a significant year for news – the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, a war in Ukraine, three Prime Ministers and a biting cost of living crisis as we moved out of the grip of a pandemic.
Add in the original stories, interviews and campaigns across the commercial radio network and it makes for a compelling competition to secure an Award.
It’s time to trawl through your best content from 2022 and check out which of the 12 categories best suits your selections.
- News Team of the Year (hubs or stations over 1.5M TSA)
- News Team of the Year (hubs or stations under 1.5M TSA)
- Best News Story or Coverage
- Best News Special or Campaign
- Reporter of the Year (National)
- Reporter of the Year (Regional)
- Newsreader of the Year (National)
- Newsreader of the Year (Regional)
- Best Interview
- Best Sports Coverage
- Newcomer of the Year
- Student Journalist of the Year – supported by the BJTC
The deadline for entries is Monday 24th April 2023 at 5pm and the ceremony will take place on Thursday 22nd June 2023 at Sky.
The IRN Gold Award will also be presented to someone in recognition of their outstanding contribution to news and/or sport in UK commercial radio. This category cannot be entered but suggestions for recipients can be emailed to email@example.com.
See more at irnawards.co.uk.