Radio Times Moment of the Year nominees are announced
Voting has opened for this year’s Radio Times Moment of the Year after the nominees were announced.
It’s the only ARIAS category decided by the votes of the general public. Last year the award was won by Adele Roberts, whose return to Radio 1 after receiving treatment for bowel cancer encouraged listeners to get themselves checked.
The ten nominations from 2022 for this year’s award showcasing the power of radio are:
- Boris Johnson resigns, on the Today Programme on BBC Radio 4
- Brenda Edwards sings to her late son Jamal on his birthday, on BBC Three Counties Radio
- England win EURO 2022, on talkSPORT
- Fun Kids’ Mission Transmission
- Kate Moss on Desert Island Discs, on BBC Radio 4
- Liz Truss BBC Local Radio interviews
- Nicky Campbell talks about childhood abuse, on BBC Radio 5 Live
- Scotland vs Ukraine show opener, on Clyde 1
- The Resignation of Nimco Ali, on Times Radio
- Tony Livesey won’t say goodbye to Dame Deborah James, on BBC Radio 5 Live
Votes can be cast on the Radio Times website, where you can also hear all of the audio clips. The Gold winner will be awarded at The ARIAS ceremony on 2 May.
The rest of the ARIAS Nominations will be announced on Thursday evening, which can be viewed live via a video stream on the Radio Academy website from at 7pm.