Entries open for the new Commercial Radio News Awards
The IRN Awards has been rebranded as the Commercial Radio News Awards and entries are now open.
The awards recognise excellent journalism, production and presentation and provide an opportunity to celebrate the success of news and sports coverage in our industry over the 12 months to the end of 2021.
As well as being a dominant theme of last year, the coronavirus pandemic has slightly altered the usual schedule but organisers have revealed that this year’s event will be in person at Sky Cinema on Thursday 7th July 2022.
Here are the 12 categories available this year:
- News Team of the Year (hubs or stations over 1.5M TSA)
- News Team of the Year (hubs or stations under 1.5M TSA)
- Best News Story or Coverage – new for 2022
- Best News Special or Campaign – new for 2022
- Reporter of the Year (over 1.5M TSA)
- Reporter of the Year (under 1.5M TSA)
- Newsreader of the Year (over 1.5M TSA)
- Newsreader of the Year (under 1.5M TSA)
- Best Interview
- Best Sports Coverage
- Newcomer of the Year
- Student Journalist of the Year – supported by the BJTC
The IRN Gold Award will also be presented to someone in recognition of their outstanding contribution to news and/or sport in UK commercial radio. This category cannot be entered but suggestions for recipients can be emailed to email@example.com.
The deadline for entries is Wednesday 11th May 2022 at 5pm and the event is supported by RadioToday.