Adam Dowling to host afternoons on BBC local radio in the South East
The new schedules for BBC Local Radio stations in the South East have been announced and include Adam Dowling on afternoons across the region.
Adam will host 2pm till 6pm weekdays on BBC Radio Kent, BBC Radio Surrey, and BBC Radio Sussex.
He says: “I’m excited to have fun every afternoon talking to the three counties I’ve been proud to call my home. It’s the time of day when we need a burst of energy and a great soundtrack to drive home to!”
Danny Pike moves from afternoons on BBC Radio Sussex and BBC Radio Surrey to Breakfast on BBC Radio Sussex.
He says: “Sussex is my home, I’ve lived and worked in the county for more than 30 years. I love it for the Downs and especially the coast. So to be on-air getting the rest of Sussex up, out of the house and ready for a new day is the best job. If you love Sussex too, you know where to be every morning!”
Peter Cook, Senior Head of Production for BBC South East, said: “I’m incredibly proud of what we do and pleased to share the new line-up for the South East.
“We’ll have fantastic voices on-air who care passionately about the areas they serve and are loved by our audiences. I know they’ll be great champions for local communities and will love entertaining and being at the heart of the local conversation.”
Here is an overview of how schedules will sound on BBC Radio Kent, BBC Radio Surrey and BBC Radio Sussex:
- Anna Cookson stays on Breakfast at BBC Radio Kent and James Cannon stays on Breakfast at BBC Radio Surrey.
- Allison Ferns moves from Breakfast on BBC Radio Sussex to weekend breakfast across all three stations.
- Danny Pike moves from afternoons on BBC Radio Sussex and BBC Radio Surrey to Breakfast on BBC Radio Sussex.
- Sarah Gorrell continues on daytimes at both BBC Radio Surrey and BBC Radio Sussex.
- Dominic King moves from weekday evenings on BBC Radio Kent to daytimes.
- Adam Dowling hosts the afternoon show across all three stations.
- Pat Marsh moves from weekday afternoons to Sunday daytimes on all three stations.
A variety of new community and community of interest programmes begin in the evenings from next month:
Breakfast Mon-Fri (6am-10am)
- BBC Radio Kent: Anna Cookson
- BBC Radio Surrey: James Cannon
- BBC Radio Sussex: Danny Pike
Daytimes Mon-Fri (10am-2pm)
- BBC Radio Kent: Dominic King
- BBC Radio Surrey and BBC Radio Sussex: Sarah Gorrell
- Adam Dowling to be broadcast on all of BBC Radio Kent, BBC Radio Surrey and BBC Radio Sussex
- Local Sport Mon and Fri (6pm-7pm)
- Monday (7pm-10pm) – Rena Annobil
- Tuesday (6pm-10pm) – Stephen Brown
- Wednesday (6pm-9pm) – Stephen Brown; (9pm-10pm) Out with Kathy Caton
- Thursday (6pm-8pm) – BBC Upload with Leo Ulph; (8pm-10pm) – BBC Music Introducing with Abbie McCarthy in Kent and Melita Dennett in BBC Sussex and BBC Surrey
- Friday (7pm-10pm) – Dan Simpson
(Broadcasting on BBC Radio Kent, BBC Radio Surrey and BBC Radio Sussex)
- Breakfast (6am-10am) Allison Ferns
- Daytimes Saturday (10am-2pm) Stephen Brown
- Daytimes Sunday (10am-2pm) Pat Marsh
- Saturday Afternoon (2pm-6pm) local sport
- Sunday Afternoon (2pm-6pm) Erika North