Entries now open for the Commercial Radio News Awards 2024
IRN and Sky News have opened entries for the Commercial Radio News Awards 2024.
The awards recognise excellent journalism, production and presentation and celebrate the success of news and sports coverage in the sector over the past 12 months.
The categories this year are:
- News Team of the Year (hubs or stations over 1.5M TSA)
- News Team of the Year (hubs or stations under 1.5M TSA)
- Best News Story or Coverage
- Best News Special or Campaign
- Reporter of the Year (National)
- Reporter of the Year (Regional)
- Newsreader of the Year (National)
- Newsreader of the Year (Regional)
- Best Interview
- Best Sports Coverage
- Newcomer of the Year
- Student Journalist of the Year – supported by the BJTC
The deadline for entries is Monday 15th January 2024 at 5pm.
The ceremony will take place on Wednesday 20th March 2024 at Sky, where the IRN Gold Award will also be given out to someone in recognition of their outstanding contribution to news and/or sport in UK commercial radio. This category cannot be entered but suggestions for recipients can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More details and how to enter at irnawards.co.uk.